2016 Student Intern - Visitor GuideThe Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island is seeking a post-secondary student to work as a Student Intern - Visitor Guide from May to August, 2016.
As a Student Intern the successful candidate will assist staff of the Assembly in carrying out research, planning meetings and conferences, attending to Assembly operations and performing other duties as assigned. As a Visitor Guide, the successful candidate will interact with visitors to the Legislative Chamber in the Honourable George Coles Building, interpreting the colonial and provincial legislative history of PEI and the Legislative Assembly's role as a forum for democracy. Interpretation is delivered in both English and French.
Applicants for the Student Intern - Visitor Guide position must be:
- Returning students in a post-secondary institution
- Fluently bilingual in English and French, with strong oral expression abilities
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and willing to engage members of the public in discussion
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Possessive of strong research, writing and editing skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to work with intermittent supervision in a professional office environment
An interest and/or educational background in Island history and political studies would be an asset.
Employment begins in early May and lasts for 17 weeks, at 37.5 hours per week during Monday to Friday business hours. Occasional weekend or evening work may arise. Pay is $12.00 to $15.00 per hour (includes 5.7% vacation pay) dependent on experience.
To apply, send a cover letter, resumé and references to:
Clerk Assistant - Research, Committees and Visitor Services
J. Angus MacLean Building
94 Great George Street
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown PE C1A 7N8
Applications must be postmarked no later than Friday, April 8, 2016. Electronic applications will not be accepted. Questions regarding the position can be directed to Ryan Reddin at (902) 620-3766.
Only the successful candidate will be contacted in regard to the position.