Order of PEI EligibilityAnyone presently living in Prince Edward Island, or former long-term residents of the province, is eligible to be considered for investiture in the Order of Prince Edward Island.
The following people are not eligible for nomination for the Order of PEI:
- no member of a Legislative Assembly of a province, while they are still in office;
- no member of the Senate of Canada, while they are still in office;
- no member of the House of Commons of Canada, while they are still in office;
- no judge of any court of any province or of Canada, while still holding office as a judge; and
- posthumous nominations are no allowed (as per section 10(4) of the Provincial Emblems and Honours Act).